Connect Wireless Mouse to Chromebook : A Chromebook is usually called a laptop. Generally, laptops have a trackpad. Sometimes nice to use a separate keyboard and mouse that can be plugged in and used with your laptop. If you want to use a different mouse for your Chromebook, don’t worry; it is very easy to do. You can connect your mouse to your Chromebook through a USB cable. But this is not only a possible way to click the mouse on your Chromebook. As long as your Chromebook has Bluetooth, you can connect several wireless accessories, such as a keyboard, mouse, etc.
A Bluetooth mouse is a favorite choice for better navigation. You can easily tuck one in a bag with your Chromebook too.This post explains complete details about connecting the mouse to your Chromebook through a USB cable or Bluetooth to work more efficiently.
Also Check : Connect iPhone to chromebook
How To Connect A Wired Usb Mouse To Your Chromebook:
This type of mouse comes with a tiny USB receiver. You need to locate the USB port on the side of your Chromebook and Plug this USB port into your Chromebook’s port. Your USB connector can only go exclusively, so don’t force it.
Once you connect to the USB receiver, you should start using it immediately without further setup. All the Chromebook will have a USB port that you can use to connect a mouse, keyboard, etc.
How To Connect Wireless Mouse To A Chromebook:
There are two types of wireless technology manufacturers use to create wireless mouse. The wireless mouse you choose will affect connecting it to your chrome. Both kinds of mouse will work with your Chromebook, but most Chromebook users prefer Bluetooth Mouse.
- Bluetooth mouse.
- Radiofrequency mouse.
Also Check : Connect android phone to chromebook.
Type 1: How To Connect Bluetooth Wireless Mouse To Chromebook:
This mouse is communicated to your Chromebook through Bluetooth protocol, and it does not require any USB receiver to connect. Just follow the below steps to connect your Wireless Mouse to Chromebook
- Find the power switch and Switch on your Bluetooth mouse.
- If you turn on your Bluetooth Mouse, you should see the light turn on (red color light).
- Place this mouse back flat on your mouse pad.
- Now switch on your Chromebook, then select the lower right corner of the taskbar.
- On this screen that pops up, select the Bluetooth icon.
If your Bluetooth symbol is turned off, turn on the toggle switch to enable Bluetooth. Once turned on, you will see a scanning status as your Chromebook looks for active nearby Bluetooth devices. When your mouse appears, you can choose to pair and connect to it.
After the Chromebook has connected with your Bluetooth mouse, you will see the mouse pointer moving when you move your mouse.
But your Bluetooth wireless mouse does not appear. Try turning the mouse off and on it again. Also, please turn off your Bluetooth and turn it on again. Sometimes Bluetooth connections can be tricky to establish the first time, but once you have paired your mouse with your Chromebook, they will automatically connect later.
Type 2: How To Connect A Radio Frequency Wireless Mouse to Chromebook:
This wireless mouse uses an RF transmitter and receiver o bypass any wires. The most famous kind of wireless mouse to use with a Chromebook is the radio frequency mouse. These come with a tiny receiver until you can plug directly into the USB port of your Chromebook. There is no configuration necessary. First, check you then purchase an Rf mouse compatible with your Chromebook.
- If you buy an RF mouse, make sure to buy one that works with Chromebook certified. This certification is essential because no Radio Frequency mouse that requires driver software installation will work on a Chromebook.
- This mouse has a tiny USB receiver. Just insert this USB receiver into your Chromebook’s USB port.
- Now switch on your Rf mouse. Once you connect to the USB receiver, you should start using it immediately without any additional setup required.
- This single USB receiver can receive input from multiple wireless devices made by the same manufacturer. Therefore, it is often better to use this setup with limited USB ports.
We entered the conclusion of this proposal, and I hope these details helped connect the mouse to your Chromebook. You can use all mouse types, such as wired USB, PF wireless, and Bluetooth wireless. You are a Chromebook user, and I think this post surely helps you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do wired mice work on Chromebooks?
- No, this wired mouse is not compatible. It has only standard features like left-clicking and right-click, scroll wheel, and possibly wheel tilt will work, and everything else required drivers or apps that will not work on Chromebook.
What mouse is compatible with Chromebook?
- Seed 2.4G noiseless mouse (no risk and easy setup)
- Shhhmouse wireless silent noiseless mouse (super quiet operation)
- Logitech pebble M30 Bluetooth mouse (Sim and ambidextrous)
- Logitech M510 wireless computer mouse (Long life and low price)
- JETTA wireless mouse (Adjust your speed).