Thunderbird for Chromebook: Are you looking for the best email client app for your Chromebook? There are lots of email apps available for Chromebook. But Mozilla Thunderbird is one of the best email client apps for your Chromebook. Here, in this article, we will see what is Mozilla Thunderbird? How to Install Thunderbird for Chromebook and what are the features in detail. We can easily install Thunderbird using different methods. Here, we will see the 3 best methods to install thunderbird.
About Mozilla Thunderbird:
Mozilla Thunderbird is a free and open-source, email client, personal information manager, news client, RSS, and chat client developed by the Mozilla Company. You can easily customize your Thunderbird email client account. It is available in 65 languages and it works on operating systems like Windows 7 or later, Linux, and FreeBSD.
We all know that Gmail is the most used application for email features. But now, somebody told me that Mozilla Thunderbird works better than Gmail. So, lots of people especially Chromebook users are now looking for how to install Mozilla Thunderbird for Chromebook. Let’s see the methods below.
Methods to Install Mozilla Thunderbird for Chromebook?
You can easily install Mozilla thunderbird on Chromebook using the three best methods. They are,
- Install Thunderbird Using Google Playstore
- Install Thunderbird Using Chrome Browser
- Install Thunderbird Using Roll App
How to Install Thunderbird for Chromebook Using Google Playstore?
Thunderbird can be installed using Google Playstore. Some Chromebook is compatible to download android applications. But some Chromebook does not support android applications. So, you have to check first. Kindly follow the step by step procedure below,
- First, you have to check your Chromebook compatibility to install Google Playstore. Because, some Chromebook allows google Playstore, some Chromebook not
- If your Chromebook is compatible, quickly download and install Google Playstore.
- After that, sign in with your Gmail account and go to the search bar, and type Thunderbird.
- After that, Click the Thunderbird to install it on your device
- Suppose, Google Playstore is not compatible with your Chromebook, Kindly download Playstore APK and install it manually.
- Later, search for Thunderbird and install it on your Chromebook.
How to Install Thunderbird for Chromebook Using Chrome Browser?
Another option to install Thunderbird on Chromebook is using the Chrome Web store. Follow the steps below,
- If the Thunderbird for Chromebook is not available on Google Playstore, then you can try the Thunderbird app on Chrome Browser
- Open the Chromebook browser and search for Thunderbird
- Now, you will see the Thunderbird app, so install it on your device and enjoy Thunderbird now
How to Install Thunderbird for Chromebook using Roll App?
You can also download Mozilla Thunderbird using the Roll app. They are,
- If Thunderbird software is not available on Google Playstore and Chrome Browser, then you can try the Roll app to get the Thunderbird application
- So, Go to the Roll app website and search for the Mozilla Thunderbird app, and download the app on your device.
- You can choose any of the above methods to install Mozilla Thunderbird on your Chromebook.
Features of Thunderbird for Chromebook:
Thunderbird is an email client that supports multiple mail accounts and offers many features not found in other email clients. These include:
- An easy-to-use interface with options for customization, including themes, fonts, colors, and add-ons
- The message composition window can be customized to include tabs for different types of messages (incoming, sent items, etc.), as well as folders or search fields specific to each type of message (emails by sender or subject matter)
- There is support for multiple email addresses and password management – The message history can be browsed or searched, and messages can be exported to a variety of formats (HTML, plain text, XML)
- The Thunderbird email client is free and open-source software.
I hope the above information on how to install Thunderbird for Chromebook is really useful for you. The best features of Mozilla thunderbird allow you to search for different queries. You may choose any one best method to install thunderbird. If you have any more queries regarding Mozilla Thunderbird, feel free to ask us. Thank you!
1. What versions of Firefox are supported?
Ans: Thunderbird 3.6 through 45.* are fully supported, earlier releases may work but have not been tested extensively. Firefox version 52 (released in March 2019) no longer supports Windows XP.
2. What platforms are supported?
Ans: Thunderbird is available for Windows, macOS, and Linux.
3. Is there a version of Thunderbird for Android?
Ans: No, but there are open-source projects that provide an Android app. See the “Further Reading” section below for links to some of these projects.