Spotify For Chromebook: Spotify is an excellent application for music lovers. It has millions of users all around the world today. At first, it was developed for android phones only. Because of its popularity, many people also want to use this Spotify app on Chromebooks and PCs. The Spotify Chromebook version is not developed yet. But using today’s technology all the way is possible. In this post, we will see some different methods to download Spotify for Chromebook and its unique features.
About Spotify App:
Spotify is a music streaming service that gives you access to millions of songs. Over the past few years, the service has overgrown and now has about 60 million paid subscribers worldwide. Spotify was founded by Daniel Ek, who previously ran the company that bought Napster in 2002. It is one of the largest music streaming service providers, with nearly 400 million active users monthly. Using Spotify, you may get recorded music, podcasts, and more than 82 million songs in all languages. That’s why all the people worldwide like to download and stream lots of music on the Spotify app.
How To Download Spotify For Chromebook?
You can enjoy the Spotify music streaming service on your Chromebook using three different methods. They are,
- Listen to Spotify using Spotify Web Player
- Download Spotify using Linux
- Listen to Spotify using the Viwizard Spotify Music converter
Listen to Spotify using Spotify Web Player:
If you want to listen to your music using a web browser, you need to use Spotify Web Player. Spotify Web Player lets you download your music straight to your computer or mobile device without subscribing or paying a monthly fee. Let’s see the procedure to access Spotify using the Spotify web player option.
- First, you have to visit your chrome browser on your Chromebook
- Now, type Spotify Web Player on Google and Click the Website to open
- Now, Spotify Web Player gets opened on your device
- If you already have a Spotify account, log in with your existing Spotify account
- Otherwise, create a new account on the Spotify web player and log in with your Chromebook
- That’s it. Now, you can stream your favourite music on Spotify.
- Also, note that there are no setting options for streaming quality. You can only stream music at the low quality on the Spotify web player.
- There is no offline syncing option available on the Spotify web player, so you can’t be able to stream your previous saved playlists.
Related: 5 Best Chromebooks for Linux 2022!
Download Spotify on Chromebook using Linux:
If you are using the latest version of Chromebook, then you can download Linux and get Spotify from that. To install Spotify using Linux, follow these simple steps,
- First, from your app drawer, open the terminal in Linux. After that, you have to add Spotify repository signing keys. So, Enter the command below,
- sudo apt-key adv –keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 –recv-keys 931FF8E79F0876134EDDBDCCA87FF9DF48BF1C90
- Now, Enter the following command to add the Spotify repository
- echo deb http://repository.spotify.com stable non-free | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/spotify.list
- Now, you need to update the app package by entering the command below,
- sudo apt-get update
- Finally, install Spotify for Chromebook. Enter the command
- sudo apt-get install Spotify-client
- That’s it. Now, Spotify is added to your Chromebook app package. So, enjoy the streaming now.
Related: Download Microsoft Paint For Chromebook!
Listen to Spotify Using ViWizard Spotify Music Converter:
You may choose any of the above methods to download or listen to Spotify music on your Chromebook. Apart from that, You can also enjoy offline Spotify music using Viwizard Spotify Music Converter. Download Spotify offline songs using ViWizard and save them on your Chromebook without paying. Viwizard is an easy-to-use and reliable music converter. wizard is the best software available for converting video and audio files, like mp3, avi, WMA, Mpeg, mp4, flv, and many others.
- First, download the ViWizard music converter on your Chromebook and launch it.
- Simultaneously, the ViWizard app and Spotify get open.
- Drag and drop your favourite songs from Spotify to ViWizard Spotify Music Converter.
- After that, you can choose the output format (mp3, AAC, WAV, etc.) to convert the Spotify audio
- Now, click on the convert button to start the converting process and download the output audio file
- Finally, now you can play all songs on your Chromebook without a premium account using the ViWizard converter.
Installing Spotify for Chromebook is an easy task now. You can use any one of the above methods and use Spotify app on your Chromebook. Enjoy your favourite music on the Spotify app using your device without paying. I hope the above information is beneficial for you to learn more about the Spotify app.
1. Why won’t Spotify work on Chromebook?
Ans: This is a web player. So, you have to clear cookies every time. Then restart your browser, and now, it will start to work.
2. Can you use the Spotify app on Chromebook?
Ans: You can enjoy Spotify streaming on Chromebook using Spotify Web Player only.