LibreOffice For Chromebook: Chromebook can run Android apps, but why not add some of the standard desktop features on your PC or Mac? LibreOffice is a great choice for you, as it brings the familiar interface of the world-renowned office suite to the Chrome OS platform. The app is optimized for the small screen and includes all the common features you expect from an office suite: document editing, spreadsheet creation, presentation delivery, and more. Download LibreOffice for Chrome OS today to get up and running in no time. Here, we will see how to download LibreOffice for Chromebook and the features in detail.
What is LibreOffice Used For?
LibreOffice is used for so much more than just creating office documents. Millions of people worldwide use this program to edit, create, and collaborate on files and projects. It’s safe to say that this is one of the most popular open-source applications today. You can do all sorts of formatting and advanced layout tasks.
It allows you to create tables, charts, and graphs, write text in many languages, and you can print to PDF, HTML, LaTeX, DocBook, PostScript, Microsoft Word, and Excel. In this tutorial, you’ll learn some of the top uses of LibreOffice, along with some cool tricks you can use to get the most out of this powerful suite of programs.
How To Download LibreOffice For Chromebook?
LibreOffice for Chromebook download is a simple process. Both app and extension of LibreOffice are available for Chromebook devices. We can download and install LibreOffice using three methods. They are,
- Using Commands
- Using Google Playstore
- Using Chrome Browser
How To Download LibreOffice on Chromebook using Linux Commands?
LibreOffice is the latest version of the open-source office suite, which is already installed on most Linux distributions. You can use the terminal to install LibreOffice on your Chromebook with just a few commands. You can easily download LibreOffice on Chromebook using Linux Commands. Follow the below commands carefully,
- sudo cp /etc/apt/sources.and list sources.list
- sudo echo deb https://deb.debian.org/debian sid main | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list
- sudo apt update
- sudo apt install libreoffice libreoffice-gtk3 libreoffice-common libreoffice-core libreoffice-style-elementary
- sudo mv sources.list /etc/apt/sources.list
- sudo apt update
That’s it. Now, you can launch the LibreOffice on Chromebook and enjoy office document editing and creating features on Chromebook now.
Related: How To reset School Chromebook 2022?
How To Download LibreOffice on Chromebook using Google Playstore?
Before the installation process, check whether your Chromebook is compatible with Android apps or not. If your Chromebook is consistent, then follow the below steps carefully,
- First, install Google Playstore on your Chromebook
- Then go to the search bar and type LibreOffice and search it
- After that, you can click on the Install option to Install LibreOffice on Chromebook
- If you can’t be able to install LibreOffice, then you can download the LibreOffice APK file and then launch the app on Chromebook.
Related: How To Clear Cache on Chromebook?
How To Download LibreOffice on Chromebook using Chrome Browser?
You can easily install the LibreOffice app on Chromebook using the Chrome Extension option,
- If Google Playstore is not working on your Chromebook, you can use the Chrome Web Store option now.
- Open your Chrome Web Browser and search for Chrome Web Store
- In the search bar, type LibreOffice and explore it.
- Now, Click to install it on your Chromebook.
- Open-source software means there is no lock-in.
- No proprietary bloatware.
- Free, high-quality software that’s easy to use.
- Security and privacy.
- Works on any operating system and device.
- Community-driven development.
- User interface improvements.
- Efficiently works on big files.
- Works with Microsoft Office and other office suites.
- No ads.
Is LibreOffice as good as Microsoft?
LibreOffice (a free office suite) is gaining ground in the office productivity market. It’s been around since 2007 but gained momentum after its purchase by Apache, the company that also owns the well-known open-source web server software Apache. The software currently competes directly with Microsoft Office, which dominates the market. The challenge that LibreOffice faces is the quality of Microsoft Office. Many business customers use Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Word is the number one word processing tool used in businesses worldwide.
You can now download LibreOffice for Chromebooks through the web browser on your Chromebook. This release is the third major release of LibreOffice for mobile devices and is the culmination of years of work from our development team. I hope the above information is helpful for you to learn more about LibreOffice and how to download LibreOffice on Chromebook. Thank you!
1. Can I Edit a Word Document in LibreOffice Software?
Ans: Yes, you can edit, create and view any word document using LibreOffice software
2. Do Professionals use LibreOffice?
Ans: Yes, in 2022, nearly 450 countries Professionals will use LibreOffice to create, edit and view office documents.
3. Which one is better, Google Docs or LibreOffice?
Ans: If you want to write a bunch of articles, then Google Docs is better than LibreOffice.