Use Chromebook as a Hotspot: In this modern era, all are searching for high-speed internet access and fast working device for both office and education purposes. Also, Android device is more compatible than PC and Laptops. So, most working people and parents prefer Chromebook now. While using the Chromebook, some people doubted how to connect to Wi-Fi or a Hotspot on Chromebook. Is it possible? Today, we will see how to use a Chromebook as a hotspot and how to share the internet from Chromebook in detail.
Hotspot on Chromebook:
In Google’s latest Chrome OS release, you can easily set up your wireless Hotspot from your Chromebook. You must select a mobile network provider from the Settings menu and turn it on. When you connect to the Hotspot, your Chrome OS will automatically redirect all internet requests to that connection. The Chromebook was designed for smartphone use, so setting up the mobile Hotspot and using the Chromebook as a hotspot is a quick process.
How To Use Chromebook as a Hotspot?
Yes, you can share the internet from your Chromebook to other devices. For that, first, you have to sync your mobile phone to your Chromebook and then start the process mentioned below,
- First, take your smartphone, Swipe down or Go to settings and Turn on the Bluetooth option
- Now, Turn On your Chromebook, Select the Time option in the left corner
- Enable the Bluetooth option there
- Now, on your Chromebook, select the phone icon in the taskbar
- Now, it asks you to click on Get Started. So, Click it to Start now
- After that, it asks you to accept & continue to sync your smartphone to Chromebook
- Now, enter your Google account and Password. Click on Done
- That’s it. Now, your smartphone is connected to your Chromebook
- Next, Go to the Settings option on the Chromebook by Clicking on the Time option
- In that settings menu, select the Accounts option and click on Sync and Google Services to sync your account
- You can also select the manage sync option to fix what you want to sync
- Finally, Click on the Sync Everything option and Click Done.
- Go home and Click on the Phone icon
- Now, select the mobile data or Wi-Fi hotspot option there
- Now, you can able to share the internet from Chromebook through your smartphone
How to Setup a Mobile Hotspot on Chromebook?
You can easily set up a mobile hotspot on your device. For that, you have a better internet connection with a mobile phone. Follow the below steps carefully,
- First, Open your Chromebook.
- Open the “Settings” menu and select “More Settings.”
- Now, Scroll down to the “Network & Internet” section and click on the “Mobile Hotspot.” option
- Now, click the “Add” button and select “Google Account.”
- Then, enter your Google username and Password and click “Next.”
- Select “Create a new mobile hotspot.”
- Enter your network information and click “Next.” Please wait for it to create the hotspot connection.
- Tap the “Connect” button. You should now see the hotspot icon.
- Your Chromebook is now connected to your Mobile Hotspot.
- Open a new Chrome browser tab and type your Wi-Fi password into the address bar.
- This is where you connect your laptop or another device to the Hotspot.
- Type in the Password again when prompted. Now you’re good to go!
Related: Best 5 PDF Reader for Chromebook!
Why Won’t My Chromebook Connect to Mobile Hotspot?
If you’re trying to connect your Chromebook to a mobile hotspot, there are two main reasons this might not be working. First, it could be a matter of network settings. Make sure that your device is set up to allow connections through the network connection manager on your Chromebook. Additionally, make sure that you have a wireless connection available in the location you’re using. You’ll also need to connect to a Wi-Fi network to a mobile hotspot. You can also turn off your Chromebook to connect to a mobile hotspot if you’re connected to a known Wi-Fi network.
Internet or Hotspot is the main thing for the working people and students now. Setup up the mobile Hotspot is a simple process now. Also, you can easily share your Chromebook internet using a Mobile phone. I hope the above information is beneficial for you in setting up a hotspot on your Chromebook. Follow the steps and enjoy Hotspot!
1. Can Chromebook use Mobile Hotspot?
Ans: Yes, the hotspot feature allows the mobile to transfer Wi-Fi signal, so Chromebook or any other device can connect to that
2. Does Chromebook only work on Wi-Fi?
Ans: Yes, Chromebook is designed to run only on the Web. If you don’t have Wi-Fi, you can work offline. But the offline mode is only recommended for school Chromebook.