Install Whatsapp on Chromebook: Contrary to the famous perception that the Chromebook is a famous browser, it brings loads to Google’s lightweight computer OS table. You can now run Android apps, Linux apps or even the lightweight Windows 10 apps on the Chromebook. Among Android apps, WhatsApp is one of the favourite messaging apps. Customers need to apply it on their Chromebooks to ship textual content messages immediately, make video calls and share all codecs of media documents with their buddies, colleagues and their circle of relatives members. So in this post, we have compiled a quick guide to installing and using WhatsApp on Chromebook. Here we will provide three different methods to install WhatsApp on Chromebook. Without further delay, let’s move on to the instructions.
How To Install WhatsApp on Chromebook using Google Play Store:
This is a very convenient and effective method to install WhatsApp for Chromebook. Unfortunately, this method is only possible for the latest Chromebooks with the Google Play Store application installed. If you have a Chromebook version released after 2017, you can enable Google Play Store on your Chromebook. Once you enable it, you will see the Google Play Store application in the taskbar below, or you can search for it in the installed applications.
- First, turn on your Chromebook and go to the Settings page to enable the Google Play Store.
- After that, go to Google Play Store and search for WhatsApp.
- Once you get the results, select the perfect WhatsApp app and allow it to install on your Chromebook completely.
- Once the installation is finished, you will see the open button, and you need to click on it to launch WhatsApp on your Chromebook.
- When you open it for the first time on your Chromebook, it will display the terms and conditions page and ask you to agree. You have to click on ‘Agree and Continue’.
- You will see a message asking you to select your country and enter your phone number for verification. Once you enter both details, click on ‘Next’.
- Note: Please note that the phone number must be active because it will send you the verification code
- The next screen will prompt you to enter the six-digit verification code. Enter the code which you have received on your phone number.
- Once the entered code is verified, you will see a message asking you to restore a backup from Google Drive. If you have already backed up your WhatsApp data, you have to click the “Continue” button to enter your email and retrieve the old whatsapp data. Otherwise, you can click on the “Not now” button.
- After that, you will see a window for setting up your profile information. Once you are done, click on Next. That’s it! You can see the main window of WhatsApp.
- Now you can send calls and text messages to your WhatsApp friends through Chromebook.
How To Install WhatsApp on Chromebook using the APK file:
If your Chromebook doesn’t support Android apps or the Play Store method does not work for you, you can install WhatsApp for Chromebook using the APK file. Your Chromebook must support the new developer channel release to run Android applications. You need to enable developer mode on your Chromebook to install WhatsApp using the apk file. Note that this process will powerwash your Chromebook and remove any accounts and local data. Therefore, you need to ensure that you have backed up important data from your Chromebook.
- Switch off your Chromebook and reboot it into recovery mode.
- You need to press and hold the Power button and the Esc and Refresh keys.
- You will see a message asking you to insert recovery media.
- To insert recovery media, you can press Ctrl+D.
- Wait a few minutes, and your Chromebook will boot into recovery mode
- You can also download the APK file on your Android phone and transfer it to your Chromebook via USB cable, Gmail, etc.
- Please navigate to the directory where you have saved that file and right-click on it.
- Select the ‘Package Installer’ option from the drop-down menu to begin the installation process.
- You will see a warning on your screen as the APK files may contain malware.
- Click on ‘Continue’ to proceed further, and click on ‘Install’ in the next window. After completing the installation process, click on done.
Use WhatsApp on Browser:
If none of the above-given methods did work for you, you could use the web version on any browser of your Chromebook. You need to visit web.whatsapp.com and scan the QR code displayed on your phone’s WhatsApp.
I hope the above information is beneficial for you to install whatsapp for Chromebook using the two best methods. If you have any more queries regarding Chromebook apps, please ask us. Thank you!
1. Can I install WhatsApp on my Chromebook?
Ans: Yes, you can install WhatsApp on your Chromebook to send text messages, make video calls and share media files from your Chromebook.
2. How to install WhatsApp on Chromebook?
Ans: Above, we have given three different methods to install WhatsApp for Chromebook. You can use any of the methods depending on your Chromebook.