Kodi on Chromebook: Accessing an everyday circulation of films and TV shows is now not unusual for most people. As Chromebooks turn out to be extra widespread, you will be questioning if the Chrome OS-based device can support the Kodi app. It can be complicated, but you don’t need to worry. We are here to help you through the process. Kodi declares himself the “ultimate entertainment centre”, and it’s not an empty pride. This application allows you to access your media content on all your devices.
It is compatible with many video and music formats and works as a simple photo compiler. Kodi on Chromebook is also available free and open-source if you’ve ever wondered. Regardless of the model of Chromebook, you can install Kodi, but if you have reliable access to the Google Play Store, it will be much easier. Let’s see the different techniques to install Kodi on Chromebook.
How to Install Kodi on Chromebook?
We can easily install Kodi on Chromebook using three best methods. They are,
- Google Playstore
- ARC Welder
- Chrome Extension
How To Install Kodi on Chromebook using Google Play Store:
Chromebooks from 2019 support Android apps and access the Google Play Store, making it easy. So, if you have access to Google Play Store on your Chromebook, you can easily install the Kodi app.
- Open Google Play Store on your Chromebook.
- Search for the Kodi app and click on the first search result.
- Click on Install to access the Kodi app on your Chromebook.
How To Install Kodi on Chromebook using ARC Welder:
You can install Kodi without Google Play Store using ARC Welder. You must first make sure that you are running the current, standard version of Chrome OS. Usually, your Chromebook will automatically update its OS every six weeks, but it is always a good idea to double-check. Once it is done, you need to install ARC Welder to use Kodi on Chromebook. ARC Welder is an android development app that lets you run an android app on the Chrome browser. To install ARC Welder
- Open Chrome Web Store on your Chrome browser and search for ARC Welder.
- Once you find the app, click on install. You can install ARC Welder on your device using the Chrome launcher.
Now, it’s time to download the APK file of the Kodi app. Go to any trusted websites like APK Mirror, APK Pure, etc., allowing you to download all APK files and search for the Kodi APK file. Download and save the file on your Chromebook. Then follow the below-given steps to install the Kodi APK file on ARC Welder.
- Open ARC Welder and click on the Plus (+) icon in the orange circle or ‘Add an APK.’
- You will now see the list of APKs on your device, and you have to select the Kodi APK file.
- Once you select it, click on ‘Open’.
- It will give you some options on how to run Kodi for Chromebook. You need to ensure that you have selected landscape orientation and form factor, which is set to tablet.
- Once you are done, click on ‘Test’. That’s it.
How To Install Kodi on Chromebooks using Chrome Extension:
One of the drawbacks of ARC Welder is that it does not allow you to use multiple apps at a time. So that you need to test the Kodi app every time you wish to use the app. To get rid of this drawback, you can use this method to install Kodi for Chromebook without the play store.
- Go to Chrome Browser on your Chromebook.
- On the browser, click on three vertical dots at the top right side of the page.
- From the list of menus, click on the ‘More Tools’ option to open a drop-down menu.
- Select the ‘Extensions’ option from the drop-down menu.
- On the Extension page, you will see the ‘Developer Mode’ option at the top right corner.
- You need to check whether the developer mode is enabled or not. If it is not enabled, then click on the toggle key near developer mode to enable it.
- Click on ‘Load Unpacked’ at the top left. This option will automatically open the downloads folder on your Chromebook.
- Go to the location where you have saved the APK file of Kodi, which you have created with ARC Welder and click on it.
- Click on Open, and this will add the Kodi app as an extension on the Chrome Browser of your Chromebook. You can launch the Kodi extension on the browser anytime you want.
In this post, we have given all the possible ways to install Kodi for Chromebook with step by step explanation. We are sure that you have been now enjoying Kodi on your Chromebook.
1. What is the current best kodi build?
Ans: Lots of Kodi build available now. Some of them are, Misfit Mods Lite, Grindhouse, Titanium Build, Neuromancer etc.
2. Is Kodi completely free for Chromebook?
Ans: Yes, Kodi is completely free for Chromebook and all other devices. You can easily manage all your local files using Kodi.