Download Roku app for Chromebook: The Roku App acts as a utility software that allows you to control your Roku player remotely. Once you download the app on your Chromebook, you can easily search for shows, movies, directors, actors, and more and play it on the player with a simple click. You can use this app as a handheld device like a remote for Roku Player.
Even if the Roku player comes with a remote controller, people will often miss it. In this situation, the Roku app replaces a remote controller, which lets you perform all tasks without a remote. Since Roku has officially released this processor, users do not need to worry about compatibility issues. All required is that the Roku device and the Chromebook be connected to the same network. In this article, we will share the procedure to download the Roku app for Chromebook.
How to Download the Roku App for Chromebook?
There are three possible methods available to download the Roku app for Chromebook. They are,
- Download the Roku App for Chromebook using Google Playstore
- Download the Roku App for Chromebook using Roll app
- Download the Roku App for Chromebook using Chrome Webstore
Download the Roku app for Chromebook using Google Play Store
Suppose your Chromebook is compatible with downloading Android applications, and you have installed Google Play Store on your Chromebook. In that case, you can easily download the Roku app for Chromebook as you download other apps on your Chromebook.
- To download the Roku app using Google Play Store, you need to open Google Play Store and search for the Roku app.
- Once you have located the correct Roku app, select it and click on install.
- After installation, launch the Roku app and begin to use the app as a remote for your Roku player.
If your Chromebook is not compatible with Android apps, then you need to download the Play Store apk from the internet and install Google Play Store on your device. Once you have Google Play Store, then you can follow the above steps to download Roku app.
Related: How To Copy and Paste on Chromebook?
Download the Roku app for Chromebook using Rollapp
Rollapp is a website that allows you to run any Android app, including the Roku app on Chromebook online. To download the Roku app using Rollapp, follow the below-given steps.
- First, you need to visit the website of Rollapp by searching it on the internet.
- Once the website is loaded, click on search, type ‘Roku app,’ and hit enter.
- Once you find the Roku app on the Rollapp website, click on it and run the app online.
Download the Roku app for Chromebook using Chrome Web Store
If for some reason, the above two steps do not help you download the Roku app, you can use Chrome Web Store.
Just visit the Chrome Web Store, search for the Roku app, and install it on your device.
Related: How To Take a Screenshot on Chromebook Shortcut Keys?
Features of Roku app for Chromebook:
You have access to over 3,000 channels and multiple streaming websites while using the Roku player on your device. In addition to these, you can enjoy many additional features that enhance the visual experience with the help of the Roku player. When you first start the app, you will see that it is used as an alternative to natural remote controls. But, not only that, there is a lot more! Let’s see it.
- The Roku Streaming app has a user-friendly interface that lets you search for content and explore many options like your query without any hassle.
- This interface makes it easier to check different options and read the summary on a desktop-like Chromebook.
- You can play any movie, show, or music on your Roku player by simply clicking the play icon on the Roku app.
- The Roku app allows you to browse and rate any channel or content on the player.
- In addition to this, you are also allowed to add any channel to the preferred List on the Roku player.
- This remote control application can work on multiple devices. If you have more than one rogue player in your home, you can control everything using this single application.
- Roku Apps makes it easy for users to name different players or TVs and switch between them quickly.
- The Roku App simplifies things by allowing users to name different players or TVs and switch between them quickly.
- The Roku app for Chromebook is available for free to download and use.
- It also has additional features like voice command, headphone listening, channel search, etc.
- Although the application is free, most of the streaming sites and channels you encounter on Roku Player require a paid subscription or a one-time fee.
We hope you find this article about the Roku app for Chromebook useful. Once you download the app, you need to sign in to your account and connect your Chromebook to the same network as Roku Player to use the app and get started. When done, you can easily use the app to search, add, rate, and run content directly from your Chromebook device.
1. Does Google have the Roku App now?
Ans: No, there is no separate google app for Roku. Still, you will watch movies or videos on youtube through Roku app
2. Is There a Seperate Web Browser for Roku?
Ans: Yes, there are two web browsers available for Roku