Bark for Chromebook: The bark is a kind of parental control app that helps families to manage and protect their children’s online lives. This application will help you cope with when your children can access the Internet and which sites are appropriate for them to visit. If bark finds potential problems, you will receive automatic alerts with the professional recommendations of child psychologists to address them. Bark saves you by manually monitoring your baby’s activities, considering your time and your baby’s privacy, and expressing potential concerns.
The Bark has advanced mechanisms to detect problems children face online, such as online bullying, depression, and suicidal thoughts, and to alert parents in advance. The bark approach saves parents valuable time by exposing parents to potential issues with their children’s social media, texting and email accounts. And it helps to build trust between parent and child. You can download the Bark for Chromebooks application from the google play store and install it on your device. Below we have given the detailed steps to install Bark for Chromebook using Google Play Store. In addition to this method, we have also provided two other ways to install Bark app on Chromebook.
Related: Plex for Chromebook Download 2022
How To Download Bark for Chromebook:
You can easily download and access Bark app on Chromebook. There are 3 best methods available to download Bark app for chromebook,
- Through Google Playstore
- Download through APK file
- Using Chrome Web Store
Method 1: Install Bark for Chromebook Using Google Play Store
This is a convenient, effective, and easy method to install Bark app. Unfortunately, this method is only possible for the latest Chromebooks with the Google Play Store application installed. If you have the newest Chromebook version released after 2017, you can install or enable Google Play Store on your Chromebook. Once you allow it, you will see the Google Play Store application in the taskbar below, or you can search for it in the installed applications. Let’s see the steps to download Bark for Chromebook using Google Play Store.
- First, turn on your Chromebook and navigate to the Settings page to enable the Google Play Store.
- Doing so will allow you to use Google Play Store on your Chromebook.
- After that, click on Google Play Store from the taskbar or open it by searching. On the Play Store, search for Bark.
- Once you get the results, select the perfect Bark app, which should be first on the list. Click on install and allow it to install on your Chromebook completely.
- Once the installation is finished, you will see the open button, and you need to click on it to launch Bark on your Chromebook.
Method 2: Install Bark for Chromebook Using the APK file
If your Chromebook doesn’t support Android apps or the Play Store method does not work for you, you can install Bark for Chromebook using the APK file. Your Chromebook must support the new developer channel release to run Android applications. You need to enable developer mode on your Chromebook to install Bark using the apk file. Note that this process will powerwash your Chromebook and remove any accounts and local data. Therefore, you need to ensure that you have backed up important data from your Chromebook.
- First, you need to switch off your Chromebook and reboot it into recovery mode to enable developer mode.
- You need to press and hold the Power button and the Esc and Refresh keys.
- You will see a message asking you to insert recovery media.
- To insert recovery media, you can press Ctrl+D.
- Wait a few minutes, and your Chromebook will boot into recovery mode
- Now that you have Developer Mode enabled on your Chromebook, you can download the APK file on the Bark official page.
- You can also download the APK file on your Android phone and transfer it to your Chromebook via USB cable, Gmail, etc.
Once you have the bark apk file on your Chromebook, please navigate to the directory where you have saved that file and right-click on it. Select the ‘Package Installer’ option from the drop-down menu to begin the installation process. You will see a warning on your screen as the APK files may contain malware. Click on ‘Continue’ to proceed further, and click on ‘Install’ in the next window. After completing the installation process, click on done.
Method 3: Install Bark for Chromebook Using Chrome Web Store
If none of the above methods work for you, you can get the Bark app on your Chromebook using the Chrome Web Store.
- To do so, open the Chrome browser on your Chromebook
- On Chrome Browse, go to the Chrome Web Store, and search for Bark.
- Once you have found the Bark app on Chrome Web Store, click on the install button near it.
- After completing the installation, run Bark app and start enjoying Android apps and games on your Chrome.
So, three different methods to install Bark on Chromebook. Reading every text message, post, and email is unrealistic as a busy parent. Instead, you can use the bark, which was created to provide the best, most accessible, and most effective way to keep children safe online. You can download the Bark on your Chromebook by selecting any of the above-given methods you are comfortable with.
1. Can a child delete the bark app?
Ans: Yes, your children can uninstall or diable the Bark app. But, you will receive an alert while your child delete the app.
2. How much does the bark app cost?
Ans: You want premium version, then Bark Premium will cost around $14/month or $99/month.