Why Won’t Chromebook Connect to the Printer: If your school is closed due to some issues, and you brought your Chromebook home, you would probably like to connect your Chromebook to your printer, don’t worry. You can now equip printers. If your printer still doesn’t connect to wifi, you contact your printer manufacturer for help. If your printer can’t be saved automatically, you can use the advanced setup process. Still, your Chromebook failing to connect to your Chromebook can make a disappointment. You can try many things, though, and let’s check them out.
How to Fix Why Won’t Chromebook Connect to the Printer:
There are two methods available to fix the issue why won’t Chromebook connect to the printer, you will try both methods, they are,
- Connect the printer to the internet
- Connect the printer without internet
Connect the Printer to the Internet:
To fix “why won’t Chromebook connect to the printer“, you try this method. Nowadays, printers can connect to the internet. If your printer can connect to a wired or wireless network, it is essential to do this first. Follow the below steps to secure your Chromebook to the printer,
- First, turn to your printer.
- Then connect your printer to your available network. Make sure to consult your printer’s user manual to see how to connect it to the internet.
- After that, switch your Chromebook and connect it up to the same network as your printer; otherwise, you won’t connect them.
- Now click on time in the right bottom corner of your Chromebook’s screen.
- Here window will pop up. Then select the settings option
- There are located on the top side of your window and are represented with a gear icon.
- Swipe down the way down and choose advanced
- It will expand the settings. Here you find the printing option and go to printers.
- Now click on the add printer button.
- Finally, find your printer in the list of available devices and hit on the add button.
If your printer cannot connect to wifi, but your network is operating correctly, you turn off your printer and turn it on again. Alternatively, you can try resettings your wireless network again.
Connect the Printer Without Internet:
If you want to connect your Chromebook to your printer without internet, you can skip the steps where you connect your printer to your available home network. If you’re going to do it, then follow the below instructions,
- If you have already turned on your Chromebook, then hit the time in the bottom right corner of your Chromebook’s screen.
- Then go to the settings option.
- Click on the Advanced button to expand your settings
- Now click on the printing section, then select the printers
- Click on the add nearby printers button to fastly add a printer. If you do not see your printer on the list, add it manually.
- Here type the required printer information like Printer name and type the IP address in the address field
- The most common protocol is IPP, so try going with that first. Typically the queue is ipp/print.
- Finally, click on add option.
If your Chromebook does not support the printer, follow the pdf files and printer configuration steps. Chromebook will ask you to select the printer manufacturer and model number. Check the printer’s label or manual for this information. Still, your printer is not supported; you can try the advanced setup process. Browser the printer information of emulation or printer language, next pick the generic option. Finally, hit the add option. If this problem is still present, find the PPD (PostScript Printer Description) file. While following the previous steps, you will see the Or specify your printer PPD option and a box next to it. Here is where the browser button is, click on it, and find the corresponding Postscript Printer Description.
How To Fix Connected Printer Problems:
After you connect your Chromebook to the printer but still it does not work. Still, you face the issue there is one more thing you can try,
- In the right bottom corner of your Chromebook’s screen, on the time
- Choose the gear icon to open the settings
- Swipe down the bottom and choose advanced
- Now go to the printing section and choose printers
- Look for your printer’s name and select the three dots (hit the more option)
- See if you have misspelled any part of the printer information. If there are no types, remove your printer and add it again. To do this, hit the more option and select the remove option
- Finally, set it up again
Printing a Page:
- After successfully connecting your Chromebook to the printer, the only thing remaining is testing it. It is done by printing the first page,
- Press Ctrl + P while viewing a document
- Look for the destination section and hit the down arrow button next.
- Then select see more.
- Now choose your printer; if it does not show up on the printers list, click on the manage.
- Finally, click on the print button
Now I have concluded this post. Read the above instructions carefully if you want to know why won’t Chromebook connect to the printer. Here we explained in full detail about connecting your printer to your Chromebook using the internet and without the internet.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How do I get google chrome to recognize my printer?
- Select the time which is located on the bottom right side of your Chromebook
- Select the settings option
- At the bottom, select the advanced
- Under prin and scan, hit the printers
- Then select the available printers to save. Next to your printer, select save
- Check that your printer appears at the top under saved printers
2. How do I find my Printer’s IP address on Chromebook?
Ans: Tap on the home button on your printer’s display>then select Devices and then choose About option, a screen that gives you some information about your printer. On this display, you will find the IP address of the printer.