Video Player for Chromebook: Chromebook is popular in the market these days because of their performance, durability, and reliability. One of the most attractive features of this device is that it is lightweight and cheap. The only issue is that the performance is not that good compared to laptops. Most users have complained about the lack of video players and applications for this device. To solve this problem, Google released Chrome OS with Android application support. This article will see the best 5 video players for Chromebook and their features in detail.
List of Best 5 Video Players for Chromebook:
Some video players can be used on Chromebook. Some of the most popular ones include Google Play Movies & TV, VLC Media Player, and MX Player. Each player has its strengths and weaknesses, so it’s essential to choose the one that best suits your needs. So, here are the five best video players available for Chromebook that can be installed on the device.
- GOM Player
- MX Player
- VLC Media Player
1. Plex for Chromebook:
If you are looking for a media center app for your device, then Plex is the best option. Plex for Chromebook allows you to do just that by streaming your movies, TV shows, and music from your computer to your Chromebook. You can also cast videos and photos from your phone or tablet straight to the big screen.
All you need is the Plex app for Chrome and the Plex Media Server to get started. Once you have both of these installed, open the app and log in with your Plex account. Then, select “Add Library” and choose the type of content you want to stream. Finally, add your media files to the library and start streaming!
- Plex allows you to aggregate your media into one place and access it from any device.
- You can create custom libraries for movies, TV shows, music albums, photos, etc.
- Plex provides comprehensive metadata for each item in your library, making finding what you want quick and easy.
- The app supports streaming from popular online services such as Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, etc.
- You can share your libraries with friends and family so they can enjoy your content too.
2. Kodi for Chromebook:
Kodi is a free and open-source media player software application developed by the XBMC Foundation. It can be used on many devices, including Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Linux, and Chrome OS.
With Kodi for Chromebook installed, you can watch movies and TV shows from your local library or online streaming services like Netflix or Hulu. You can also listen to music and view photos with Kodi for Chromebook.
- Kodi supports streaming of videos, music, pictures, and other multimedia content
- Kodi also has features for managing files, viewing photos, and playing games
- Additionally, it allows users to customize the look and feel of the interface according to their preferences
- Support for a wide range of audio and video formats
- Ability to play content from online sources such as YouTube, Spotify, and Pandora
- Option to add a third-party plug-in for extending functionality
- Remote control support for Android and iOS devices
- Support for a wide range of languages
3. GOM Player for Chromebook:
GOM Player for Chromebook is a media player that can play videos and music files in various formats. It has many features, including adjusting playback speed, adding subtitles, and changing the audio track. GOM Player for Chromebook also supports Chromecast streaming.
- The ability to play many file formats
- A built-in codec finder
- Subtitle support
- The ability to change the playback speed
- A/V sync adjustment
- Frame capture
4. MX Player for Chromebook:
MX Player is a video player that can be used on Chromebook. It has many features, including playing videos in slow motion or fast forward. MX Player also allows users to add subtitles to their videos. This app can be downloaded from the Chrome Web Store for free.
- MX Player is a multimedia player that supports various audio and video file formats.
- It has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to use for everyone.
- The player has several features such as zoom in and out, subtitle support, and gesture controls that make watching videos more enjoyable.
- Another great feature of MX Player is its ability to play high-definition videos without lag or buffering issues.
- Lastly, the player is also compatible with a wide range of devices, including Android smartphones and tablets, making it one of the most versatile multimedia players available.
5. VLC Media Player for Chromebook:
The VLC media player is a versatile program that can be used on a Chromebook. It supports many different file formats and allows for customizations, such as adding subtitles and changing the playback speed. The VLC media player can be downloaded from the Chrome Web Store, or it can be added to your Chromebook manually.
- VLC media player is a multimedia software that can play various types of audio and video files.
- It supports a wide range of codecs, making it capable of playing most file formats.
- The player has a simple and easy-to-use interface.
- It also includes powerful features like subtitle support, playback speed control, etc.
- VLC media player is available for free and downloaded from the official website.
These are the best 5 video players for Chromebook. If you haven’t tried these yet, I recommend you try them. They are highly compatible with the device, and you can easily install them on your Chromebook. I hope this post is beneficial for you in finding the best video players. If you have any queries regarding the video player or Chromebook, please ask us.
1. What is the best video player for Chromebook?
Ans: The best video player for Chromebook is a VLC media player. It supports a wide range of audio and video formats, and it’s easy to use.
2. How do I install the VLC media player on my Chromebook?
Ans: You can download the latest version of the VLC media player from the official website. Once you’ve downloaded the file, double-click on it to start the installation process.
3. What are some other good video players for Chromebook?
Ans: Some other good video players for Chromebook include KMPlayer, GOM Player, and Media Player Classic.