Video Calling Apps for Chromebook: While video calling might not sound all that special, it is trendy among online friends and family. With its ease of use, video calling makes it easy for people to communicate via webcam anywhere. But when using video calls, most people still stick to their desktop computers. For Chromebook users, however, the situation is different. Chromebooks are much lighter and faster than their desktop counterparts, so why not try out some cool video calling apps available for the Chrome OS? We’re going to look at some of the best and most popular video calling apps for Chromebook and their features in detail.
Best Video Calling Apps for Chromebook:
Video calling applications are a basic need for both working people and students. Because today there are lots of meetings and classes are happening Online. So, we all need a video calling application. Especially Chromebook users are looking for the best video calling application. So, here we will see the best 5 video calling apps for Chromebook. They are,
- Google Duo
Viber is a popular app that allows people to make free calls to others through their mobile phones or computer. Initially developed in Russia in 2009, the app was bought by a company called Rakuten in 2015. Rakuten also owns the most prominent shopping site in Japan called Rakuten Ichiba (or Rakuten Shopping) and holds several other successful apps, including a social app called Viber.
Today, Viber allows users to send messages and call on their smartphones, tablets, laptops, computers, and even Chromebooks. If you don’t want to download the entire app, you can always use the Chrome extension or the web client for Viber.
- Viber is a free app that connects you to the people and things that matter most to you.
- Connect instantly with people through your phone numbers.
- Send and receive messages with other Viber users.
- Stay connected with your friends and family while abroad.
- Connect with businesses and services.
- Reach out with a push message.
- Get help with emergencies.
- Stay up to date with breaking news.
- Share any video or photo with your friends.
Related: How To Use Chromebook as a Hotspot?
Skype is a video chat app with some pretty cool features. It works on iOS and Android phones, and you can use it to call people or video chat with your friends. It could be helpful if you’re trying to reach someone on a different continent and don’t have their phone number. With this feature, you can send a Skype message to someone, and they can reply with a video chat instead of just text. It is a neat tool if you’re looking to add convenience to your next vacation or maybe chat with a friend while you’re stuck in a foreign country.
- Share multiple screens and chat at once with a group.
- Give your best friend access to view, control, and edit your webcam.
- Create private calls so you can show off your new baby or pets to friends and family.
- Invite people to join your video call.
- Get notifications for incoming calls, so you know when someone’s trying to reach you.
3. Google Duo:
Google Duo is one of the popular video calling apps developed by Google Company to replace hangouts. This application is supported on platforms like Android, MAC, IOS, Windows and Chromebook, etc. So, you can easily use the Google Duo app on Chromebook for video calling purposes. The app focuses on getting rid of latency and stuttering, two problems that have plagued video calls for years.
Google Duo also lets users share the screen or send the caller a document or photo, in addition to sending the contents of the phone’s camera. Once installed, both parties are automatically connected to a private call. While Google Duo supports group video calls, you must invite users to join you.
- Add up to 4 people to a call
- Hangouts calls will now let you join calls from within Duo
- You can now use Duo to call your Android or iOS device
- The Duo is rolling out support for more devices
- If you have a Google Account, it will be the default login method
Related: Best 5 Wireless Headphones for Chromebook!
Tango was originally a mobile app, but in 2014 it expanded its reach into desktop video calling. According to Google Play store rankings, it’s now the second most downloaded video calling app and is a favourite among millennials. Tango launched in March 2013. In April 2013, they introduced a “beta” version that was free; in May 2013, they released the first paid version. Tango is free to download; sign up and try for 30 days. After that, customers must pay $1 per minute to use the app. This app is available for the platforms like PC, MAC, IOS, Windows, Android, and Chromebook.
- Text-free communication with your friends
- Real-time translation
- Facial recognition for a more natural way to chat with friends.
- Private video chat, so no one sees you dance like an idiot at a party.
- A built-in GIF feature to add personality to your chats.
Zoom is a web-conferencing app used for video and audio conferencing purposes. The Zoom video chat app enables its users to connect with people around the globe at the touch of a button. After the initial testing phase, the company offered a paid version of the app. To attract potential customers, Zoom introduced a pricing model that offered a free product trial for 14 days. Then, the user needed to choose a monthly plan or continue with the free version but pay the monthly fee in the future.
- Meetings in a group chat.
- Chatting in real-time with people around the world.
- Video calls with up to 20 people at once.
- Screen sharing so you can see and hear your audience.
- Add a pinboard so your team can collaborate and share ideas.
- Create a poll for voting.
- Create a project board so you can easily see what’s next.
Finally, you have a clear idea about the best 5 video calling apps for Chromebook. Some Chromebook users feel that some video calling apps are not working well. So, here in this article, we filtered the best video calling app for you. Hurry Up and enjoy the video chat on Chromebook now!
1. Can I get Facetime on Chromebook?
Ans: No, Facetime is not supported on Chromebook. Instead of Facetime, you can go with Zoom, Skype, or Google Duo for a better video calling experience.
2. Can I Make Phone Calls from Chromebook?
Ans: Yes, you can make all calls, including international calls using their mobile data plan or WiFi connection.
3. Why Zoom video app is not working on my Chromebook?
Ans: You have to update the Zoom app on Chromebook. Because Zoom announced a new progressive web app for Chromebook for better experience and features.